IC Centre for Governance

Governance - India

Discussion

Forum Home > Others > What is the aim for life?

Vinod K. Maurya

Hi,

Many time this question  - What is the life to aim for? -  come in my mind and I always try to find the suitable answers from my near and dear after a long time I got something about it and want to your opinion.

There is a familiar, answers that I got to this question is “To Become Rich and Famous”

Let’s talk about TO BECOME RICH first:

You all agree that Having Lots of Money is common aspiration to become Rich.

As a young of age of 30 l have strongly feel and learn from the world around me that the idea that the best life is a rich and famous but I am not in that aspiration and believe it can’t be our real aim for life as it one does not take us very far, not so much to achieve the our real life aim for.

If you are agree with me than why the answer of the question is “BE RICH”?

According to me not understanding the MONEY which we fell that it make us rich

I have thought about it and want to share with you that Money in Itself Has No Value?

Have you ever think that Money in Itself Has No Value?

Let me share with you how: let think about use of money? Here also you all agree that the use of money to spend

If being rich means having a lot of money to spend, the belief that it is good to be rich in an important sense turns out to be vacuous.

Think deeply about it. I am sure that what you will get the answer that Money in itself has no value. If no that think what are the things which make money valuable you will get the answer if not consider the following sentence.

Only thing that makes money valuable is its usefulness as a medium of exchange for goods and services that are valuable, in themselves. When it cannot be used in this way, it has no value at all.

Now you will be able to understand money that if it were not exchangeable for other, quite different things like food, clothing, entertainment, i.e. goods and services that are independently valuable – we might as well throw it away.

Now take a deep breath and think about it and share your answer with the comments.

May be I am not fully able to describe money I would be grateful if you will help me to understand money in your own way.

Please also share : Yours  aim for life -- if it is different from mentioned above.

To Be Continued.......

All the Best

--

Vinod K. Maurya

October 4, 2013 at 3:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Devinder Das Chopra

IF one agrees or accepts what one has noted above as of prime importance -- the rest will and ought to follow, in myriad and different ways -- regardless of whether we are 5-6-or seven in a family or 1-2--3 or six, seven billion on this earth, recognising Nature's and Environment's limitations too. NOTHING indeed is without its limitations -- EXCEPT TIMELESSNESS.

(More may be reflected upon and shared once one reads what else you may share...!)

devinder das chopra in gurgaon

--

- Devinder Das Chopra

October 5, 2013 at 7:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Devinder Das Chopra

At the beginning of Navratras-2013, and the house is filled with the " mehak" of "Halwa" that Sudesh, my wife is making, one reflects upon your good message seeking to know "What is the Aim of Life" ....

There are many aims, indeed; to celebrate every day and live it as per one is blessed with, is one, for sure.

On reflection and look back on my 79 years, I must say that life lived with dignity, honesty of purpose, sharing with other Loved Ones AND those beyond -- friends, neighbours, community and country is of the primary importance.

Once that is recognised within, and consciously, through thick and thin, the rest can and will follow, as one grows up. The "growing up" period, within the family and among friends is of utmost importance, as is the time of education in school and beyond.

One's principles and ideals of life & living are laid best during that period of time. That is one's first 10-12-15 to 18 years -- spread among us all universally. For some may be early and for some or many, much later. But what is good and what is bad-- enjoyable or painful, what is Truthful and what is not so, or is False is ALL felt within oneself.

Rare would be the individual cases who do not see or realise what has been said above, among us all, world wide & in all cultures/communities.

Money, position + status, material gain and other trappings of life are but a part of one's existence, for sure. How one faces and overcomes the hurdles to create a happy and joyful life, requires maturity plus wisdom to handle it all. How one shares the values, material and "spiritual", one has imbibed and practiced is of the highest importance.

Sharing, "helping" others not blessed with what one has and living with a sense of humility --- not for its own sake, but genuinely, is what ought to count -- all said and done.

IF one agrees or accepts what one has noted above as of prime importance -- the rest will and ought to follow, in myriad and different ways -- regardless of whether we are 5-6-or seven in a family or 1-2--3 or six, seven billion on this earth, recognising Nature's and Environment's limitations too. NOTHING indeed is without its limitations -- EXCEPT TIMELESSNESS.

(More may be reflected upon and shared once one reads what else you may share...!)

devinder das chopra in gurgaon

--

- Devinder Das Chopra

October 5, 2013 at 7:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Radhiga Dey

On the occassion of Gandhi Jayanthi, the University of New South Wales in Sydney organised a small function that concluded with a panel discussion on what Gandhi means to young people in todays world.

I reflected on what Gandhi means to me and relied on my reading of his 'Experiments with truth' and his experiences in England and South Africa that shaped his values, ideals and principles. I share these views here as I believe they will address this question of "What is the aim for life".

I believe Gandhi was very critical of himself and constantly challenged himself to be a better person. Of all his life experiences and what he srtived to achieve, there were three lessons that stood out for me.

1.Simplicity-His saying that there is enough for everyones needs but not everyones greed. He led by example and demonstrated how one can have their needs met and remain content.

2.Respect-Treat every form of life with dignity.

3.Be the change you want to see in the world.

I suppose if everyone were to make these their aim, how to achieve this can be answered by Rudyard Kipling's message to his son in a poem titled "If".

October 9, 2013 at 8:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Devinder Das Chopra

Radhiga Dey ji--- I send my comment to your well-written post on this forum--your very first one, hopefully many more to follow.

In life -- and I speak from my 79 years' experience-- through thick and thin, that it is most important that one does not go by SAYINGS and cliches -- howsoever good these may sound, But to actually LIVE day to day by them! Tragically, in our land/s "sayings" get repeated BUT the same people, en masse and their leaders, do just the opposite in the very next moment!

Example: Do I or my family use half or a little more BUCKET of WATER to bathe or use the shower; wash with a hose pipe the car/s, scooters & the house front drive with a hose pipe or with a bucket & mug ?  Or, "Love thy neighbour" should get practced in tasks and actions on the ground with one's immediate neigbours and extended families and the RWAs and the community at large....

Gandhi ji personified literally 10 -100 lives, lived in his one living experience amongst us all, in different Continents--& and during every living day. He learnt from all actions and shared the failures that ALL OF US HAVE TO GO THROUGH LIFE.

I pray and hope that my comment/view gets to you -- while it took me 4-5 days since I read your view.

Best of the Navaratris and good luck & Peace.

dev chopra in gurgaon.

--

- Devinder Das Chopra

October 11, 2013 at 12:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

OP Mishra

What is the life to aim for?

To my mind the life is to be lived by human being at its own cost and not at the cost of others.

What is money?

Money is the most flexible means used for exchange of goods & services required for survival of human being. In barter system, commodities were used for this purpose which was most inflexible means.

--

October 15, 2013 at 6:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Upcoming Events

No upcoming events

Find us on Facebook

Recent Videos

2237 views - 0 comments
2675 views - 0 comments
2422 views - 0 comments

Webpage Translator..