- To promote and work towards a system of governance that is transparent, people-oriented, sensitive, honest, accountable, participatory, efficient, equitable and democratic.
- To strive towards a work culture that encourages and enables initiative, innovation, problem-solving, team work, productivity and responsibility – all attributes that lead to growth, citizen satisfaction and citizen participation.
- To inculcate ethics and moral values in governance structures, systems and institutions.
- To bring about synergies between all stake holders in democracy in order to strengthen our collective capabilities in reducing poverty, promoting equitable development and sustainable management of natural resources.
- To create an environment of mutual trust and conflict-resolution and usher in a value based management in different areas of public life
- To facilitate public-private and community organizations in ensuring structures and processes that maximize their performance
- To act as a forum for collective thinking and action, and to provide advice and inputs to various stakeholders on issues concerning governance.